Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sgumdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/sgum_2016/header.php:42) in /home/sgumdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/sgum_2016/header.php on line 153

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sgumdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/sgum_2016/header.php:42) in /home/sgumdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/sgum_2016/header.php on line 154

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sgumdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/sgum_2016/header.php:42) in /home/sgumdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/sgum_2016/header.php on line 155

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sgumdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/sgum_2016/header.php:42) in /home/sgumdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/sgum_2016/header.php on line 156

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sgumdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/sgum_2016/header.php:42) in /home/sgumdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/sgum_2016/header.php on line 157

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sgumdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/sgum_2016/header.php:42) in /home/sgumdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/sgum_2016/header.php on line 163

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sgumdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/sgum_2016/header.php:42) in /home/sgumdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/sgum_2016/header.php on line 164

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sgumdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/sgum_2016/header.php:42) in /home/sgumdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/sgum_2016/header.php on line 165

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sgumdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/sgum_2016/header.php:42) in /home/sgumdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/sgum_2016/header.php on line 166

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sgumdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/sgum_2016/header.php:42) in /home/sgumdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/sgum_2016/header.php on line 167

written by reader John Jagerson and Slingshot Trader?

By tbone3506, August 5, 2012

Has anyone used his service? Info on Slingshot is elusive. Jagerson certainly has the quals. Want to try but can’t find a review on his service. Thanks.

Notice: Undefined variable: karmaOutput in /home/sgumdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/sgum_2016/functions.php on line 3286

Joe
Joe

I tried the promotion some time ago, lost some money but traded very few options as recommended, I think their claims are a bit imaginary.

Edward
Edward

I’ve been with the service for three months and it’s been very profitable with more winners than losers and with a couple of 100 % winners and one just last week of almost 200%
It’s also great that there is a meeting once a week that they discuss the market and their expectations and then the go over the positions held one by one and then they answer all questions.
So far it’s been really good and worth every penny!

dick
dick

Thanks for all these excellent reviews—- saved me a lot of research / heart break.

Charles Mallett
Charles Mallett
Reply to  dick

Charles Of all the comments listed , only one dissenter …Edward . he is obviously doing some thing special. Not enough to cause me to be tempted to join him ! Especially after the 5 year analysis of Slingshot results !

dgawley
dgawley

This is a current message– avoid them like the plague 2016 was an awful year with them — many more losers than winners and their hype shows only the winners — nothing about the losers!!! Regret ever joining their service

dana
dana

Been with them for about two years off and on. Same results as all the others 50/50 on their trades and can have sustained losing streaks. AVOID THEM and save your hard earned dollars

jerryjosh
jerryjosh

I joined Slingshot in December. So far I would have to say that their service is better than the dozen or more other services that I have tried. I trade most all of their suggestions, but do very small amounts, never more that $400 invested in any trade and most of the time I only put in between $200-$300. As of March 1st I have entered 34 trades. 15 winners and 13 losers with 6 trades still open. To date I have a net positive return of $1,640. Not great, but like I said, better than any of the other services.

Robert
Robert

Hello. I have been on Slingshot Trader for around 2 months. I’m totally disappointed with their losing alerts. I asked for a refund due to the losses I took on 3 simultaneous trades. They refused. I’ll never deal with these folks again! I’ve been on many free stock sites that put them to shame.

Robert
Robert

Hello. I have been with Slingshot Trader for around 2 months now, and have done 3 trades with their alerts. All 3 were done in the last 2 weeks. They put 2 recommendations on the same trade in a short period of time, and the day after the 2nd recommendation to buy, they put out a sell recommendation, after myself and I’m sure many others had doubled down. I’ve been with many different stock services and do have not been let down like that. I gave them another try just after that loss, and am down approx 18% on the day after the trade. I’ve been trading for at least 15 years, an have tried several trade alert webs, all with better results than this bunch of losers. I asked for a refund, but no luck with that either. Goodbye, Slingshot Traders.

BobN
BobN
Reply to  Robert

As you will find out, trying to make money by BUYing options, especially from reco’s off an advisory service like this one (and many others that promise consistent profits, Sarnoff, etc) is going to be a losing proposition over the long run. That’s because, if you analyze things mathematically, the probability of winning on long option trades is low – usually less than 25% – you must get not only the direction but the timing exactly right or you risk losing all your investment. Since options are constantly depreciating in value, especially short-term ones, like weeklies, most will expire worthless and you lose all your money on the trade. The smart options traders are option SELLERs – selling premium, using OTM strikes, in which you have an 80% probability or more of being profitable. It’s not as ‘sexy’ or exciting as hitting home runs by buying options, but you’re much more likely to have winning trades than by being an option buyer. Try to learn how to do this and figure out your own trades – by avoiding the rest of the long options traders who ‘follow like lemmings’ off the cliff, you have a much great chance of being profitable over the long-term. BTW – one option selling technique – used by the great Warren Buffet – is selling puts on individual stocks. If the stock price goes up, you keep the premium. If it drops below your strike, you must buy the stock, but at a lower price than it was trading at when you entered the trade. You only do this on great stocks you want to own, since you can wind up with a long position, but if it’s a stock you want to own (which is why Buffet does it all the time) – you get to buy the stock at a great price, or make money from the sold premium, and keep doing it.

ONE ADVISE. STAY AWAY FROM SLINGSHOT-TRADER. You will do better in Las Vegas or Lottery.

Andy
Andy

Here are most of the closed trades from 6/26/17 thru 8/9/17.
You can do the math. I’ve been a paid member for a couple of months. According to my math and their closed trades, You would have lost 3x your money if you took every trade they offered in 2017 thru August.
-64.17% 8/9/17
-48.47%
-36.64%
-2.45%
-57.43%
50.00% 6/26/17

Mark

I started a trial in April and on my first trade (GLD Calls) I lost over 90% of my investment. I decided to watch for a few months and it seemed like they were making some money so I jumped back in during August. I traded every one of their recommendations (except one). I still have a couple of open positions but it looks like I will end up losing roughly $3500 trading 5 contracts on each recommendation. I did miss one trade because the option price was substantially higher then their max price recommendation before I got the email. Ratio of losers to winners is just under 3 to 1. Average loss for me was just over 50% and average gain on the winners was 38%. Latest loss was a recommendation to by Puts on a stock that subsequently went up 10% in a week. I have only myself to blame for this. Years ago I subscribed to Bernie Schaeffer’s newsletter and took a bath. Oddly enough I was able to break even by buying puts when they recommended calls and buying calls when they recommended puts. I may take the same approach with Slingshot.

John
John
Reply to  Mark

Hey Mark
Thanks for the heads up on Slingshot trader. I was about to try their 3 month trial but after reading your comments (and a few others) , I will definitely take a pass.
Right now I’m on a month trial with Bernie Schaffer but so far,this hasn’t gone well with many of his recommendations so I won’t be renewing with him either.
I’