written by reader Thoughts from Myronβ€”Focus on Permian Basin & Gold

by takeprofits | January 17, 2014 4:01 pm

AND AN INTRODUCTION TO THE MINI-SLEUTHER

Source URL: https://sgumdev.stockgumshoe.com/2014/01/microblog-thoughts-from-myron-focus-on-permian-basin-gold/

stevemack70

I am surprised you made no mention of Lake Shore Gold Corp. (LSG). I sold all my gold equities when the decline started to really steamroll with the exception of LSG and Gabriel Resources (GBRRF) which I’m holding as pure speculation. LSG is up 40% in the last few months.

outfoxed
outfoxed

What’s your opinion of Seabridge Gold (SA)?

besharp
besharp

Myron–
I see that in the last several days shareholders of Callon Pet. have voted to practically double the number of shares. There has as yet not been a significant drop in the price. Your thoughts? Do you think there could be a good buying dip on the horizon? I greatly appreciate your insights on these more junior securities that generally only get pump & dump promoters.

ventureshadow
ventureshadow

The report you linked to for Brazil Resources, Future Money Trends, was paid by Brazil Resources to promote it. It contained mostly emotional enthusiasm with little data. The gold concentration found is only 1.5 gm/ton, which is good but not special. Any profits from mining are many years away. This is extremely risky.

joshsorensen

Myron, did you ever look at Arsenal Energy, AEYIF in the pink sheets and AEI.TO in Toronto? It was covered on the gumshoe as a teaser article from someone. It seemed like a decent small E and P company but rarely do you see any news or articles regarding Arsenal. Thank you for the article.

stevemack70
Reply to  joshsorensen

I had Arsenal for a few months last year. Went through the reverse split and did not like the way the company handled it. Trading was in limbo for too long. Merrill Lynch advised me that Arsenal had not handled the changes and notifications in a timely manner. I decided I didn’t like carelessness and got out with a 15% profit. I sold for 4.94 and I see it’s still .30 under that.

joshsorensen
Reply to  takeprofits

I hope to see you cover it due to a positive alert. I took a small position in the company at the end of December. They paid their 1st dividend in November, which if sustained yields in the ballpark of 5%. They plan to pay 10% of free cash flow. Thanks for the response and I appreciate your insight.

graham
graham

Myron, thank you so much for all the time you spent educating us newbies. About 2-months ago you wrote about Mason Graphite and I bought 8000 shares at $0.344. Needless to say I am a very happy camper. Still holding . . . . do you have anything to new to say about Mason.

notaguru
notaguru
Reply to  graham

I picked up 2000 of Mason at the same time. It looks like I should’ve sold on the spike to around $1, but I’m new at this.

Is it generally a agood idea to take a 100 – 150% gain? or is using a trailing stop a better idea?

graham
graham
Reply to  notaguru

Steve, my personal opinion is that we got in so low and during the spike time the volumn spiked like crazy (over 800,000 shares one day and several days from 300k or more and up til that point average vol. was around 112k shares a day) and now the price has been holding steady around $0.65. So we still have a double and when you take into consideration that they are not even in production yet . . . I think we are OK. Remember the spike to $1.03 was because of a property next door to Mason on a news article. From what I could glean seeing graphite hanging on a cliff. If i remember correctly in the original article that Myron did there should be another assay report on another section of the Mason property coming out soon. I am going to hold until at least that report comes out.
Would sure like to hear from Myron on what he thinks at this point.

tactical111
tactical111
Reply to  notaguru

I’d do BOTH by using a trailing stop out just below the last three days’ low including “today”. Adjust it as needed to follow it up then you will stop out when the reversal confirms with a nice profit IMO. These micros are Swing Traders only IMO and when it dips again you can always get back in and ride it up again.

notaguru
notaguru
Reply to  tactical111

Thanks Thomas. I didn’t think of the Swing Trader aspect.

graham
graham
Reply to  takeprofits

thank you, Martin. Your concept makes perfectly good sense to me. And i have no complaints. I continue to follow your thoughts on Gumshoe and appreciate all the time you take to explain to us. Love your attitude and enthusiam. Also loved your thoughts a couple weeks ago with the thread on the medical stuff. Thank you.

notaguru
notaguru

Myron,
Thanks for all the detailed info. I found Petroshale on the OTC Pink sheets on Ameritrade trading as PSHIF. Does that mean that if I bought PSHIF, I would get actual shares of Petroshale? Or would they be something like an ADR?

shrini43
shrini43

Myron,
Thanks for the wealth of information passed by you to the investor community. The article says Petroshale is listed only in Canada, whereas the OTC market has it listed under PSHIF, attached is the link http://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/PSHIF/company-info
Is it not the same company being discussed above?

Alan Harris
Alan Harris

Hi Myron
My focus has been elsewhere recently so Happy New Year. Your GBU tip has treated me well @1.20 ish just touching its 200 day ma 24/1/14. I got in around .67 so I sold 50% to leave me with a good few free shares. Is there any whisper about a government change of heart after all the protests or are they just taking a low profile waiting for the protests to go off the boil. As you said they can ill afford to pass on this one. Im keen to add some more via an 80 stink bid.
As always, your column has a plethora of picks. I appreciate theres only 24/7/365 but there was talk of a spread sheet……any development ? I just have no idea how you keep abreast of so many tickers. Do you have your own spreadsheet system/s or just an elephantine memory.

whentoquit

Hi Myron,
Wondering if you might have any insight on Carlisle Goldfields LTD COM (CGJCF)? With 2.75M oz of gold in the measured & indicated categories, with five NI 43-101 compliant resource estimates for their Lynn Lake Gold Camp in Manitoba. They seem way undervalued & unnoticed on continued light trading at only 0.55. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. PS: I liked your info concerning BRIZF & jumped in at .624 and look forward to reap the benefits in the years to come. Thanks

Thomas
Thomas

Another one to watch Petro River Oil PTRC

tonythomsen
tonythomsen

I am a new subscriber and respectfully request that you consider taking a look at PETROFORTE V.PFI. Mr. Keith Scahefer form the Oil and Gas Investment Bullitin is teasing this little guy pretty hard. As you know he has had teasers examined by you in the past. He currently owns 2 million shares of PFI at an average buy price of .075

bupsbups

Myron, first of all thank you very much for all of your legwork. I had bought some shares of Brazil Resources under the stock ticker BRIZF. Is that the same as BRI? I am a bit concerned as I had found BRIZF listed on the pumpsanddumps website as having 8 previous promotions (http://www.pumpsanddumps.com/2014/01/bo-diddley-linton-takes-his-bad-acting.html) Please tell me if I bought myself the wrong stock.
Thank you so much!

Reply to  takeprofits

Thank you for clearing that up and thank you again for all the work that you do!

bupsbups

Myron, what’s going on with RRIZF today, it had a huge jump. Is it worth it to sell or do we expect more upward movement. What are your thoughts? Thank you.

Myron, I’m sorry it should be BRIZF, Brazil Resources

Reply to  takeprofits

Thank you!

Reply to  bupsbups

Myron, am I correct in assuming that even though Brazil Resources had already passed its precious high that you are still holding due to market conditions?