written by reader SWIR

By storman, May 21, 2015

Does anyone have any thoughts on SWIR and why their stock has gone down so much? Every article I read is positive and promising and was considering buying. Being a beginner and not understanding all the vocabulary would also be interested in any books that someone would recomend.

jimbecker
jimbecker

I would not be in a hurry to buy SWIR. Like trying to catch a falling knife. Let’s see where it bottoms out at.

scalf
scalf

I Bought Swir at it’s height, now sold half for a real loss; but Motley Fool still feels it is a long term winner, but timing was not good; when a stock that has highe PE; or no earnings; it can fall quickly if out of favor. I will hold my half of my investment, because I actually like the stock, but falling knives can hurt.

thebearsmith

I have the same question about SWIR. I bought the stock several weeks ago after reading the Motley Fool pitch, and the price has been dropping ever since I purchased it. As a new investor, I’m not sure if I should “hold” or “fold.”

chibana
chibana

Team,
$SWIR was one of my regret stocks last year. Had a large position for a long time at $17 but lost my patience and sold last Aug for a small gain. Missed the run up. MF has been high on the company for a long time. It certainly has great potential. MF is all about holding long term and I wish I had. Last May they were predicting a huge future but it won’t be overnight. I have kept my eye on it ever since. If one believes in the company as an investor probably better just to be patient and hold. If one is all about quick gains with a trader mentality might want to move on. I own no shares currently.
V/R
Tom

nk89
nk89
Reply to  chibana

Like Tom, I also sold my large position right before the run up. SWIR happens to be one of my favorite technology stocks but I’ve so far refused to buy back in as I’m still feeling salty over my bad exit. M2M technology may lead the company to great heights but it definitely won’t happen over night. SWIR has lots of room to grow and long term patience is likely rewarded.

omcdac1
omcdac1
Reply to  chibana

Hi Tom,
I remember we talked a lot about $SWIR last year and i sold at $34
I think below $25 this is good buy!

chibana
chibana
Reply to  omcdac1

Om,
$SWIR. I agree $25 would be a superb entry point. Maybe even $27. Like Nic I to am a little hesitant to buy back in. MF has also been talking up $XOOM lately which I am also keeping my eye on. I currently have no positions in $XOOM or $SWIR.
V/R
Tom

Lynn
Lynn

I’m a newbie to stock/options and find all these newsletters from motley fool, zacks. Money morning etc.. Confusing to say least. Did any of these forecast a real winner in the past? Or are they just cluttering up the inbox- are they worth even reading?? Thx

chibana
chibana
Reply to  Lynn

Lynn,
Well I belong to MF. Their investment strategy is certainly long term (five years or more). You can see (if you are a member) their performance metrics. I made money with both SWIR and WETF (two of their picks) but got impatient and missed the big run up for both. They certainly are unconcerned about loss of share value short and near term for their picks. They were really pumping $SWIR (for example) when it was close to $27 in Dec 13 and naturally many who bought in at that level were upset when it fell pretty quickly to around $18 in a few months. I didn’t pull the trigger until it hit around $17 and I sold my shares literally days before the run up which almost hit $50. I enjoy their basic service but some of their newsletters pumping their other programs can be annoying at times. . But yes MF has certainly picked numerous winners over the years but like any investment site they have also had a few big misses. Stock Gumshoe has been far and away my best investment.
V/R