August Idea of the Month: Catching a Falling Fosun

by Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe | August 28, 2015 12:01 am

Going into some more depth to re-suggest an idea from last year and explain my personal purchase.

Source URL: https://sgumdev.stockgumshoe.com/2015/08/august-idea-of-the-month-catching-a-falling-fosun/

barndoor
barndoor

Watchu doing up at 1AM like me? 😉
keep up the good work Travis

archives2001
archives2001

Thnx T…
In a near-term future article, could give us your take on a few stocks that u might
short before the next collapse (in Sept/Oct?), which will probably be a lot BIGGER.
Also an update on the rewards (and risks) of put options, spreads, butterflies, volatility index, etc.

lbgmd181
lbgmd181

I think there is some short term risk but even Buffett and Munger have had 50% down drafts over the course of Berkshire.

prorsum

Ask today was $13.32 down from a high of $22.00.
Why does this equity put a 500 share minimum to buy?

pjwa
pjwa

The board lot for Fosun Int’l in Hong Kong is listed as 500 shares, which is the readily exchangeable size lot. No doubt brokers can work around this in reasonable increments. Currently lot size is about US$850.

prorsum
Reply to  pjwa

I trade globally through Everbank and that is where the 500 share limit was posted. Do you mean that they can place an order for less if I speak with a broker there instead of online?

Vicki
Vicki

Thank you for the idea, Travis. I am considering a small OTC buy as I have no means of buying in Hong Kong. Are you still positive on Lancashire Holdings?

dearras

Hello Travis – first time responder here – the Fosuf is 1.80 –there’s a Fosuy thats 44.0
are they the same stock and which are you referring to. thanks for info .

jobean
jobean

Hi Travis, can you tell me how to buy in Hong Kong, or at least how you do it? thx!

joan_in_houston
joan_in_houston
Reply to  jobean

Who cares WHERE the order fills? I give my broker a limit order, when I so wish, and I don’t care where it fills. The trading desk will shop around, so to speak.

Jay Ram

And charge an extra $50 commission because a human trader must be involved. Have to pass on this one, but it definitely looks interesting.

Feddie

Thanks for this Travis. I also think that Fosun’s share price has been affected by the general Chinese market swing and not because of its own fundamentals. It sounds like a good opportunity to initiate a position.