August “Idea of the Month”

by Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe | August 26, 2016 4:01 am

Finally taking a nibble of a little spinoff

Source URL: https://sgumdev.stockgumshoe.com/2016/08/august-idea-of-the-month-2/

SoGiAm

$RAX – sympathy http://tos.mx/0F2rOY

scott

hi…you mentioned in a March 2016 article that COR was too rich @ 68, what has changed to make it worthwhile @ 78? Do you think it will not drift out of the 70’s?

backoffice

Travis, is it possible to get a picture of what your portfolio consists of. I am always curious as to what someone with knowledge holds versus me who has very limited stock market intelligence

ytse
ytse

Dear Travis, my man,
I follow you when I was a young man, now I am 66 years old and retired. It seems most of the articles are out of my taste, I still read it from time to time. As a retired professional, I wish you can devote a section or new section for high dividends or high yields stocks for us ” old ” folks, rather than a lot articles in your website promise a pie in the sky. case in point, when I was a young man and still ran my business, I had truck of stocks like MDVN and OPHT, I still own the latter. Now I am most interested in high yield dividend stocks. For example, like DLNG, DLNGPRA, ARR, ARRPA, PPHMP, etc.
I know a lot of your subscribers just like me, OLD.
Yours truly,
Ytse.

SoGiAm
Reply to  ytse

ytse, this thread is created for that very purpose: http://www.sgumdev.stockgumshoe.com/2016/04/microblog-72-the-rule-of-72/ savethethumpingmanate, wild bill and Travis share their insights there occasionally; you and others are welcome to share as well. Best2You ~ Ben

wiedijk
wiedijk
Reply to  ytse

Hello, try Harry Domash stie: http://www.dividenddetective.com Lots of reading, lots of due diligence but that’s is the way it is these days!

ytse
ytse
Reply to  wiedijk

Wiedijk,
Thank you for the link.
As I age, I do not buy those smart idea as I am still young, now I just like to generate some hard cash for my extra living.