Small Arbitrage Transaction in some Mining Stocks

by Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe | February 2, 2017 3:55 pm

Quick portfolio update for the Irregulars

Source URL: https://sgumdev.stockgumshoe.com/2017/02/small-arbitrage-transaction-in-some-mining-stocks/

wneils
wneils

A well presented case! Thanks! I need some more gold exposure because these biotechs are crushing me!

oldguy
oldguy

what to buy?

pgh
pgh

what’s the Red Gold Doug Casey is now promoting?

rajbarnett
rajbarnett
Reply to  pgh

Casey’s Red Gold promo mentions a geographic location south of Nova Gold property in Canada: “Second, this area of Canada is home to some of the richest mines in the world. I already told you about several companies that struck gold in this region… including Delaware Resources and Stikine Resources, which saw their shares rise 2,700% and 6,600%.

Farther to the north, there’s also Novagold’s massive Galore Creek gold project, with 9 billion pounds of copper, 8 million ounces of gold, and 136 million ounces of silver in mine reserves. This discovery helped Novagold shares rise 10,888%.

And who is ” Dr Q ” ?

takeprofits
Reply to  rajbarnett

Haven’t seen that promo yet so I am only guessing but it could be the RED Mtn. project in the Golden Triangle of B.C. on which I have a column almost ready to submit to Gumshoe.

khol999
khol999
Reply to  takeprofits

Will your column be in reference to IDM Mining Ltd $RVRCF ?
Have you taken a position on it yet? Thank you in advance!

troubles
troubles

What am I missing here? These two firms are not making money. Is this all about betting on the come?

takeprofits
Reply to  troubles

Sounds like you are not familiar with the junior mining space where most of your money is made on new discoveries and then as resources are developed, on buyouts by larger companies with the capital to actually finance the mine construction, that is just how the game is played. Junior miners can not be evaluated like a company producing and selling a product, it is a completely different mindset requiring speculative skills rather than expertise at dissecting a balance sheet.

gems10024
gems10024

Thanks for this article.
Just picked up “few” shares myself.

goldstockbull

Sandstorm owns 17% of Luna Gold and will own approximately 19% of Trek mining. Long SAND as a way of diversified exposure to Trek and other up and coming mining companies.

rocketman
rocketman
Reply to  goldstockbull

Same here. I already own Sandstorm so I don’t feel compelled to gamble on these small miners. Long $SAND

takeprofits

Was looking at Luna Gold last few days because it popped up on my ALERTS as in play, and I understand WHY Travis decided to take a small flyer on it given the connections with people and stocks he is familiar with, I frequently do the same when I have confidence in a Mgmt. team and know the resource has merit. I also hold Sandstorm so I am going to let that be my exposure to Luna for now to see how things develop. I am going to play the contrarian here after comparing LUNA to my extensive buy list of stocks I have already researched. Instead of spending the $2. a share Luna would cost me, I bought 450 shares of VICTORIA Gold VIT-V @ .63 which has has a fully permitted project in a safer jurisdiction in a prolific northern gold belt in a district that has recently had other buyouts by majors like Goldcorp and Kinross. Whether they build the mine themselves or get taken out by a bigger company, I am confident this will be a big winner for 2017=18.

tardis
tardis

Hi Travis,

Thank you for the heads up. I like this one. Hope it works out. ALSO!

Do you have any comments/suggestions on potential players in the fast growing space involving Blockchain and Crypto Currency. Companies in the space, developers, support systems, vendors, trading companies etc. I know you have some interest in Bitcoin but this area seems ripe for potential growth now that Blockchain technology is catching on.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great weekend!

eemajin

Looks like Luna is (or has been) merging(ed), but the stock is 20% down for me, not up. Any suggestions about whether I should sell?