Is a Misperception Subduing Share Price at Aptose ($APTO)?

by DrKSSMDPhD | December 11, 2017 2:54 pm

Source URL: https://sgumdev.stockgumshoe.com/2017/12/is-a-misperception-subduing-share-price-at-aptose-apto/

rocketman
rocketman

long $ARTH and $HALO

Just bought more $ARTH this morning. It’s only a full position for me, I’m not overweight, but it is my largest holding just looking at share count. After reading comments today and looking over my notes, topical use for AC5 is only a sideshow so I’ll be patient with this one.

I also increased by position in $HALO. I now have a full position in it also.

I’ve been making quite a few adjustments to my portfolio this month so now it’s time to sit back, watch and wait as we head into the new year.

Long Dr KSS and the gummie community!

šŸ‘ 356
bristol ted
bristol ted

Doc in light of the Arth news, I was looking to find some cash in my account to buy more and was considering selling another of our holdings RXDX to raise some cash, do you have any feelings with that idea?

šŸ‘ 12
SoGiAm

$ARTH ow – “Dr. KSS has an update on Arch Therapeutics that he thinks is critical for all $ARTH investors to see… that bonus note is available to Irregulars by clicking below”… ~ #TravisJohnson: https://www.sgumdev.stockgumshoe.com/2017/12/special-update-from-arth-ceo-norchi/

šŸ‘ 11466
arpapale
arpapale

Dr. KSS, please tell what CML is the abreviation for. I do not want to confuse the meaning. Thanks, Pappy

šŸ‘ 47658
arpapale
arpapale
Reply to  DrKSSMDPhD

Thaaaaank you Doc. That’s what I thought. Wanted to make sure.
Have a wonderful holiday season.

arpapale
arpapale
Reply to  arpapale

Dr. KSS, two quick items:

1. Gleevec vs. Tasigna: Can you comment on these two drugs. Is there a reason you did not mention this drug along with Gleevec?
Are there others?

2. Sorry for asking the CML question and taking your precious time. On my search of your article, I was looking too quickly for the name along with CML.

šŸ‘ 47658
petervr
petervr
Reply to  DrKSSMDPhD

Doc, may I loosely quote Einstein ?
“If you cannot explain something in terms that a six year old can understand, it probably means that you do not understand it yourself.”

šŸ‘ 1539
šŸ‘ 47658
gissa_gamma
gissa_gamma
Reply to  DrKSSMDPhD

Thank you on behalf of the entire GS community!

šŸ‘ 63
šŸ‘ 47658
Dara
Dara

The gifts of time and knowledge are the most wondrous gifts one can bestow upon another. Thank you Dr. KSS, Ben, Cleveland, Helen, Travis and many others for your boundless generosity educating and guiding the gummune. Wishing all a joyous holiday season and healthy, bountiful New Year!ā„ļø Cheers, Dara

šŸ‘ 129
Road Dog
Road Dog

$APTO Long
FDA Grants Orphan Drug Designation to Aptose Biosciences for CGā€™806 in Acute Myeloid Leukemia

šŸ‘ 102
J
J
Reply to  Road Dog

$APTO – APTO was up over 10% again today. Most of the posts here are about excitement over other stocks; not what I expected for this thread.

J

šŸ‘ 8
šŸ‘ 47658
SoGiAm
Reply to  J

$APTO – Hi J, Why not check out the CURRENT thread and join the party! Have a great day and beyond! Oh, the link to the current thread may be found by pressing #ZKSS’ avatar/image, to the left of any of his posts OR by clicking the following link: https://www.sgumdev.stockgumshoe.com/2017/12/dispelling-certain-aurinia-auph-rumors/
Please remember to subscribe to the threads you wish to receive email notifications as posts are entered. #Best2YOU!

šŸ‘ 11466
J
J
Reply to  SoGiAm

@ SoGiAm Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I read a lot here and invest accordingly but I’m a newby-class navigator and didn’t know to click on the avatar.

šŸ‘ 8
SoGiAm
Reply to  J

J, If I may be of further assistance on the navigation front, Investing tools, locating items, and technical ‘stuff’, do not hesitate to ask. #Best2YOU! ~ Ben

šŸ‘ 11466
J
J
Reply to  SoGiAm

@ SoGiAm
Thanks for the quick response. Either you are a night owl like me or you live in a different time zone.

Answer to further assistance offered: All of the above.

Also this is off-topic for this thread. Can we start a dialogue offline?

After years of jargon and acronym laden careers in electronics and computer science I am confronted with a new universe of strategies and terminology. If you are willing to mentor me through the basics by providing assistance as your time constraints permit it will help me get up to speed more quickly.

For starters I’d like to get acquainted with investing tools and concepts related to assessing when and how much to sell. If there’s any literature readily available in this area I need to get grounded in this locale so I can plan and be ready when the circumstances dictate a change. I am a buy and hold person by nature and I can see that I need to be much more nimble in the biopharm galaxy.

Regards,

J

šŸ‘ 8
mikllee
Reply to  J

I am a Newbe too, Been one for more than a year. May i suggest an addition to the “RESOURCES” section at the bottom of the main page… Add a section that explains “How to Navigate”. Your tips a few messages back were my first exposure to some of the hidden features. Such as clicking on the posters Image. Give me a year or two or three and I may be able to comment with experience. Mikllee

šŸ‘ 22
SoGiAm
Reply to  J

J, It would be my honor to assist you. If you use $TWTR my user name is Sgssogiam, @H0U3 .
Twitter has Direct Message, DM, capability,

Also, many in the #Gummune use $TWTR and I highly recommend you establish an account and follow the BEST like #ZKSS.

You may also reach me on any of my threads by pressing the phoenix avatar.

With #CES2018, right around the corner, maybe we can help us all by posting to the #CES2016 thread here at stockgumshoe, as well: https://www.sgumdev.stockgumshoe.com/2016/01/microblog-ces-2016/ TIA #Best2YOU! ~ Ben

šŸ‘ 11466
simong156
simong156
Reply to  J

Iā€™m convinced $SOGIAM is actlluy a team of twenty who work round the clock producing quality posts.

šŸ‘ 321
Roger

Yes there was a Victorian thing about men not being able to have good relations with their wives (sometimes viewed as pure and worshiped) while being able to enjoy the physical relationship with women of ill repute. I do remember that Brahms helped Clara financially and that the two of them took a vacation together in Switzerland following Robert’s death from paresis. She was his elder by several years, but I have no doubt that he loved her whether they were physical lovers or not. Ultimately the musical legacy Brahms left mankind is what really matters.

šŸ‘ 1767
šŸ‘ 47658
Roger
Reply to  DrKSSMDPhD

Agreed re quintet.. Also, the Schumann Piano Concerto in A Minor has enriched my life throughout.

šŸ‘ 1767
Roger

John, Re the sell winners and buy losers syndrome: I often pare part of a winner’s exuberant day’s gains and buy a good stock that I have been accumulating that the traders have arbitrarily punished for the day. But this is not a major thing. I try to have a plan of what companies I want to accumulate shares in and take advantages of the day’s arbitrary price variances. I think this is different from selling your winners and buying your losers.

šŸ‘ 1767