Friday File: Buying Growth, Thinking about Retail, Tariffs and Panic

by Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe | June 7, 2019 10:45 am

Source URL: https://sgumdev.stockgumshoe.com/2019/06/friday-draft-3/

digitaldeity

Maybe just a tiny bit of your vast knowledge is rubbing off on me. I purchased some DOCU before reading your article. I admit it’s more difficult buying stock when the whole market is up big because of the anticipated rate cuts. You’ve magically covered buying and selling due to sentiment and emotions on a day to day basis. I almost sold a little TTD, OKTA, and IIPR. You were close to selling some recently, are you still holding?

feellicks
feellicks
Reply to  digitaldeity

I also took a nibble on $DOCU yesterday after hours around. $TTD has been beasting…. I kind of think it is benefitting from the $GOOG downturn market sentiment.

only6greens
Reply to  digitaldeity

im holding TTD and IIPR both have been outstanding and ovver a great forward prospect , i have taken some profit in both and either put it back in at lower values or invested it into something else that has not been as good , just bought OKTA after i ignored it last year and thibnk that is also worth holding this year along with Twilio and AYX

sucker

when do we sell our mgy warrants???

retiredrancher

Speaking as one of those in the “investor class”, I’m glad someone is looking out for me (ie the fed), believe me I need looking after

gardelegen
gardelegen

I have read recently that Cobalt content of batteries is also being reduced. Gene Schulze

gdoggcrunch

As you say β€œprobably no Pres Trump w/o …” With the 2020 election coming ad revenue should pour in. I’ve Been buying Twitter and Facebook, but definitely looking to initiate GOOGL at some point for reasons Travis states plus the elections which he alludes to.

hedy1234
hedy1234

Travis, thanks for the CleanTeq update. I also have a meaningful position in it.

jmt2005
jmt2005

Greetings, Travis. Just started a small position in SWIR, given that its been beaten down (and further down) over all the hype of the “Internet of Things”. I’ve watched this stock go from 20 to 48, and is currently down to $12.43. Not sure if it really has legs, but at a price/sales of approx. 0.5, and close to book value (plus $2/share of cash), this has to be a potential take-out candidate, and if not, then its a growth stock (waiting, … and waiting, … and waiting) for key customers (VW) to bring in some semblance of growth (what’s been missing from all the hype (Motley Fools)). EBITDA is about $27m, so it appears that they are cashflow positive for the nearterm. In terms of macro trends (IOT), key customers (VW, and some other design wins), and to some extent intellectual property licensing potential (most volume customers want viable second manufacturing sources), this one seems interesting. Would appreciate your thoughts on how this might or might not make it on your watch list. Thanks! JMT

frankw17
Reply to  jmt2005

Travis, I’m not sure if you’ve covered this topic before or not but what is Jason Williams referring to when he talks about “sticking it to AMZN?”
Regards,
Frank

only6greens

im with you on cobalt what a lesson to learn actually came out of some great cannabis positions to build less risk across gold, lithium, cobalt and voila cannabis doubled or tripled and you know what happened to metals and minerals , slowly doubling down in frugal amounts and playing them long to come back. Should have added a great write up as usual Travis many thanks for all your hard work and thoughtful approach