Friday File: Earnings Season in Full Swing

by Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe | July 26, 2019 12:25 pm

Source URL: https://sgumdev.stockgumshoe.com/2019/07/friday-file-earnings-season-in-full-swing/

feellicks
feellicks

Welcome back Travis! Love reading your insights! Hope you had a great trip!

notlaw
notlaw

Travis

I do not have a problem with you buying a stock before writing about it. I just want to know about it as soon as you buy it which you have been doing with your daily updates about portfolio changes . This will allow me to get in on it before some of the “bump” takes place. When I buy stocks that you recommend I am usually in them for the long haul, so my intention is never to dump them anyway.

Your irregulars membership is the best deal in town.

Travis, as always, thanks for your excellent insights. wish, I had the time to type all of my reasoning, in the great detail that you do. Regardless, I purchased GLW to supplement my NOK exposure to 5G. Also, l like 2 Ancillary plays in the Cannabis sector. GRWG & real sleeper, CBII, CBIIF, .I think if you do some DD, you will see why I like them. Positions in both CBIIF.& GRWG

Sree
Sree

Travis
I would like to know when you are making a transaction.
missed adding DOCU as i didn’t get proper update or your opinion in time to my query.

frankw17
Reply to  Sree

Good article Travis. 1 question, do you know what the symbol is for Azure, mentioned above in your comments re. AMZN?
Regards,
Frank

rookie2294
rookie2294
Reply to  frankw17

Azure is the name of Microsoft’s cloud services, so you’re looking for MSFT.

frankw17
Reply to  rookie2294

Thanks rookie2294.
Regards,
Frank

senore100
senore100

Hi Travis,
Thanks for the write-up! Bet I am not the only one who has been waiting for this one for a while!
I am interested in hearing your thoughts about PINS. I have been thinking about starting a position and holding it long term. Thanks!

toff
toff

Re Virgin Galactic … it is destined to be a huge failure IMHO. Not because it can’t be done. But because shortly after successfully doing it, someone will die going to the moon and the company will die along with them. Going to the moon, as illustrated in the Apollo 13 movie, is no cakewalk, and it is a CERTAINTY that a paying passenger will die.

Jay Ram
Reply to  toff

How is this any different from other modes of transportation? Railroads and flying have not been a cakewalk either, but failure isn’t a reason to abandon hope.

fairmead15
fairmead15

If you Google Virgin Galactic you will be told that Branson expected that the intial flight, which doesn’t actually go into space, would take place in 2009. A decade later and it is still next year! On this side of the pond Branson is recognised, by many, as a purveyor of bovine excrement. Thank for the update on Social Capital Hedosophia, Travis, my holding of units will be sold as soon as the market opens on Monday.

julian_satran
julian_satran

Travis,

What are you thinking about Shopify? With their announcement of building delivery centers they are entering the Amazon territory (and acting like both a provider of technology support and logistics to a large number of individual businesses but not competing with them as Amazon does). Their growth potential is amazing but their valuation is also very high. I have a small position in Shopify that I plan to increase.

jamiekase
jamiekase

Travis, curious to hear your thoughts on TTD. Valuation and the recent AMZN announcement. Thanks.

jamiekase
jamiekase

Thanks for the reply.

hgpark888

Thank you for your insight.
What do you think about JNJ?
I think it’s quite a compelling buy at this price point.

wryter

How do you think recent regulation allowing US consumers to purchase Rx’s from Canada will impact PFE and other pharmaceuticals? Seems to me it could hit their earnings hard.

meadowbrookmanor
meadowbrookmanor

Welcome back Travis. The Rockies are beautiful, and my own introduction to camping as a boy! Glad to hear you were able to have some family time sans-electronics to refresh yourself!

bcantlie
bcantlie

Check the MER of Sprott before you buy – it is over 2%.
Barbara

sjjones7
sjjones7

Welcome back.
Glad you had a good time with the family.
We all need to get away once in a while.