Friday File: Time to Buy the Data Center Growth Story Again?

by Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe | October 25, 2019 6:00 pm

Buying a new Optical Equipment stock, adding on to a couple other holdings to the Real Money Portfolio... plus updates on ANET, NOK, IIPR, OR, SPOXF, TSLA, HSY, BA and more...

Source URL: https://sgumdev.stockgumshoe.com/2019/10/friday-file-time-to-buy-the-data-center-growth-story-again/

steplaland
steplaland

I own shares of Tesla at 180 for the really long haul because I love the product. I actually bought it as a trade in 2013 at 40 and jumped to 75 in like 2 days. Had to take profits and regretted it. I own a model 2 and when I love the product, I buy the stock. Been the case for me with FB, GOOG, AMZN, NFLX, and APPL. I know Elon is polarizing but to say he hasn’t done anything fraudulent lately implies he has in the past. If it is fraudulent, he should be jailed let alone running any company. It’s a love it or hate it stock, I get it. I also know he comes across as shady….but fraudulent is much. Thanks for the great update as usual.

neodoc
neodoc
Reply to  steplaland

What is a Tesla Model 2?

mountain dude
mountain dude

It’s a sad week for those of us that fell for all the Nokia hype. I closed my position yesterday and changed course. My Intel and Ericsson positions, I’ll hold with hopes of the 5g buildout
yeilding some nice gains. I hope every Nokia
Promoting newsletter writer feels like the dirt bag that most of them are!!
How glad I am to have found this service. I have been an easy sucker for many pitches! πŸ™ Very poor results. Seems I grew up in an age where integrity meant something!
Thanks for an insightful article, as usual!
What’s your take on CVA? Nice dividend yield.

hunter007
Reply to  mountain dude

I’ve resorted to only buy what Travis buys, and what insiders are buying . I’ll either buy the stock out right, or Sell Puts for the Premiums. Has worked out very well.

dortelli
dortelli

Travis, So when you sold I bought NOK. Guess that makes me a contrarian. I believe in the Peter Lynch principle of buying good companies on bad news. Granted i’m Not as angry at the CEO as others since I’ve been on the sidelines. But I really like their end to end solution, their customer list, their patent portfolio, their debt situation and the health of their order book. I also think the CEO said all the right things in the conference call as regards how to deal with the situation. I believe they are dealing with Huawei and others bombing the 5G price to gain market share. I love the fact that they are spending the dividend money integrating their technology into silicon I.e. system on a chip. This should have a dramatic impact to cost. All this is occurring in a market that is exploding. This is a company that’s not going away. Only question is where is the bottom? Travis, Thank you for the many great points you made!

blairgowrie
blairgowrie

The latest info from Nokia was jaw dropping. Either there is need for a management change or a take-over by another 5G related company. Nokia owns significant patents that are extremely valuable and large contractual relationships. Clearly, they are in need of funds – a take over is my best thoughts for the company going forward.

new_novice
new_novice

any thoughts on Markel ?

iltrus

Hi Travis, thank you as always for your honest and expert thoughts.
Talking about falling stocks , what are your thoughts about TTD? Is it justified hang on to it?
Best regards,