Friday File: Buying Risky Retail, Checking up on REITs

by Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe | November 22, 2019 4:25 pm

Updates on the Real Money Portfolio, plus some musings on dividend stocks

Source URL: https://sgumdev.stockgumshoe.com/2019/11/friday-file-buying-risky-retail-checking-up-on-reits/

tanglesome
tanglesome

Delorean doors on that truck would be LIT

At $40K it’s actually very reasonably priced for a “new pick-up” considering how stupidly expensive the industry has gotten chasing after dumb money.

millionsilver

I agree with you that Tesla is a wreck of a company (despite some redeeming qualities). If you ever know when a great time to go short please let us know. I could tell before the earnings announcement that it was poised for a big move, but the move it made was so huge I never would have seen that coming. I would have bet on the move to be to the down side, and of course I would have been wrong.

frankw17

Good article Travis. I especially liked the following; “They are almost the perfect examples of talking to investors like they are idiots, which probably works most of the time.” from the Softbank slides.
I have looked at puts on TSLA a number of times but they have appeared to me to be totally unreasonable,i.e., very expensive.
Regards,
Frank

shamanjeff
shamanjeff

Good evening Travis , I’ve been doing really well with gain I’d just like to share this Your insights have helped me greatly thank you Jeff

SoMuchMass
SoMuchMass

Sales for the Cybertruck will be bigger than expected, I see a lot of people outside the pickup truck market wanting this truck. Even Travis is interested!

dazza06
dazza06

I have always thought Elon Musk would make a great futurists….less so a CEO of a publically listed company…but the guy has some inspiring ideas in that head of his…??

elkate
elkate

Here are my 2 cents on this. I am certain Elon Musk is no saint and far from perfect. Probably not such a nice person, many of these disruptors are not know for the good nature, i.e. Steve Jobs, let alone putting in check the size of the egos. Nevertheless, i do think that Elon Musk and TSLA are extremely important in pushing the boundaries of what human kind is going to achieve and look like in the future. They never deliver on time but so what, people get hung up on the fact that he is always late on his promises, in my mind it’s not a big deal because until today, they always delivered, later then promised but still delivered . Model 3 had many problems but they fixed it and they are selling more and more of this. They are always late but they are first in everything they do and I do believe in this company.