Friday File: Gambling Hits the Nasdaq, plus Insurance, Preferreds, some Earnings Notes and more…

by Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe | April 24, 2020 4:16 pm

Source URL: https://sgumdev.stockgumshoe.com/2020/04/friday-file-gambling-hits-the-nasdaq-plus-insurance-preferreds-some-earnings-notes-and-more/

sukiepongo
sukiepongo

Buying GMMNFβ€”when it gets listed, perhaps one can buy it w/o paying a penalty? Schwab has a fee to purchase shares.

mxa03u

Always a great read with my Saturday and Sunday morning coffee. Thanks.

I know you have your sights set on a $100 Boeing buy but what are your thoughts on the wider airline industry and further drops that would make it appealing for you?

rbacchus
rbacchus

Hi Travis, I’m a new subscriber and I thoroughly enjoy your complete analysis and candid opinion. Discovering your site has been an absolute joy as I look forward to reading your thoughts on just about anything. It really helps to shape my own reviews….. I’d really appreciate your thoughts on “PROSY” and “MRVL” if you don’t mind…

Many Thanks

rbacchus
rbacchus

Thanks Travis, you’re an absolute Gent!

fngwave
fngwave

mhuckabee1
mhuckabee1

Buffett and Munger are smart enough to know that we have moved out of regions where our previous mental models work to predict what will happen. To use NN Taleb’s word we are now in “Extremistan”. Oil in negative territory? Airlines with zero bookings? Government debt soaring by trillions? Knowing what the actual value of a business will be in a year or two is almost impossible at this point. I think they will not make any large purchases, even if offered fire sale prices, until they can see where we are headed. And that isn’t likely to happen until the election is over and the next virus wave has passed.

tanglewood

hi Travis; I realize that #GAN will be listed any day now but wouldn’t it be better to buy #GMMNF before the new listing hype. I checked the quote and there is no bid/ask price so it is probably too late for that move.

tanglewood

thanks,Travis. The listing date for #GAN is Wednesday May 6th

glelwer
glelwer

Looks like today’s the day πŸ™‚ my GMMNF converted to a holding ticker in my Etrade account. GAN was on Fox Business as 3X on the NASDAQ listing. I see it at 12.85 now. Thanks for the tip on GMMNF and DraftKings merger!!!!

eleanor
eleanor

Travis, if you were to establish a new position in this stock or other sports gambling, what entry price would you feel comfortable? Appreciate your input.

eleanor
eleanor

Thanks Travis. I might put a limited buy order then.

I was considering MGM back in March. Similar thinking that it could go down more given Vegas was in the dark. Who knew MGM price climbed back up so fast.

youronlyhope
youronlyhope
Reply to  tanglewood

As a FYI TD Ameritrade along with other brokerages often have a “restructuring fee” for when a stocks uplists. Its generally $35-40. I think TD’s is $35

jabel
jabel

i wish you would take a closer look, not just at Exxon Mobil, but also Shell and perhaps BP, where the yields are even higher. I and my wife are in our seventies, so do not have the longer outlook that you have, but are certainly more interested in a relatively soon (2-3 years) income stream to allow us to retire. Our pension funds have been hit quite badly and will hopefully recover but I feel we might need to give them (ourselves really) a little help.